Diocese of Cleveland, Ohio

The Jesuits, Fathers Potier, Bonnecamp, and De la Richardie were the earliest missionaries in the area. The Diocese was founded on 23 April 1847. Suffragen of the archdiocese of Cincinnati, Ohio. Years later Father Edmund Burke and Father Edward Fenwick, O.P., with other Dominicans, ministered there, succeeded by the Redemptorists, the Fathers of the Precious Blood, and several celebrated seculars. Notable bishops include

    See also