Archdiocese of Gulu, Uganda

Founded as the Prefecture Apostolic of Equatorial Nile, Central Africa on 12 June 1923; entrusted to the Sons of the Sacred Heart of Verona. Elevated to a Vicariate Apostolic on 10 December 1934. Name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Gulu on 1 December 1950.

Elevated to the Diocese of Gulu on 25 March 1953.
Elevated to the Archdiocese of Gulu on 2 January 1999.

Suffragen dioceses include

Profiled Bishops

    See also