Abernethy, Scotland

Article

In Perthshire, it is the site of the ancient Scottish primatial see, 865908. It had a fifth-century church dedicated to Saint Bridget of Kildare, and a house of Culdees in 1097, transferred to Augustinian Canons in 1272. It has one of the three “round towers” of Scotland, 73 feet high.

MLA Citation

  • “Abernethy, Scotland”. New Catholic Dictionary. CatholicSaints.Info. 24 December 2019. Web. 17 January 2021. <>