Scapular of the Mother of Good Counsel

Our Lady of Good CounselArticle

Approved by Pope Leo XIII in December 1893. Its use is promoted by the Augustinian Fathers; the faculty of blessing and investing with the scapular belongs primarily to the Augustinian monks, but the General of the Augustinians communicates this privilege to other priests. It is white wool, with one part bearing a picture of the Mother of Good Counsel, and the other, the papal crown and keys with the inscription, “Son, follow her counsel. Leo III”.

MLA Citation

  • “Scapular of the Mother of Good Counsel”. New Catholic Dictionary. CatholicSaints.Info. 19 November 2016. Web. 20 November 2017. <>