Badge of the society of the Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. It was sanctioned and endowed with indulgences by Pope Pius IX on 11 May 1877, and approved by the Congregation of Rites in 1907. The superior general of the Sons can communicate the faculty of blessing and investing with this scapular to other priests. It is white woollen cloth, with a picture of the Heart of Mary surrounded by flames, surmounted by a lily, encircled with roses, and pierced by a sword.
- “Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary”. . CatholicSaints.Info. 28 January 2013. Web. 31 August 2015. <>