Promoted by the Capuchin Fathers, and used locally since 1880. Approved by Pope Leo XIII on 15 April 1898. It is violet, with white bands; on each half is a square of gold cloth; that on the front part bearing a picture of Saint Joseph, with the words “Saint Joseph, Patron of the Church, Pray for us”; that on the other part bearing the papal crown and keys, with the words Spiritus Domini Ductor Ejus (The Spirit of the Lord is His Guide).
- “Scapular of Saint Joseph”. . CatholicSaints.Info. 12 June 2010. Web. 25 November 2015. <http://catholicsaints.info/scapular-of-saint-joseph/>