- Theodore the General
- Theodore Tyro
- Theodore the Recruit
- Theodore Tiro
- Theodor Tiro of Euchaïta
- Theodore of Amasea
- Theodore Teron
- Theodorus of Heraclea
- 7 February as Theodore Stratelates
- 16 February as Theodore Tyro
- 17 February Orthodox Calendar
- 27 July on Korcula, Greece
- 9 November as Theodor Tiro of Euchaïta
Roman general (stratelates) and covert Christian during a time of persecution. Exposed as a Christian, a military tribunal decided he was a good soldier who had made a mistake, told him to reconsider, and set him free; he promptly burned down a pagan temple. Arrested again, he was ordered to apostatize, then tortured by having his flesh torn off; he responded by reciting the Psalms. Martyr.
Saint Theodore Tyro is almost certainly the same person as Theodore Statelates. The Tyro story describes the soldier as a recruit, the feast day is 9 November, and the region is slightly different, but the story is the same.
- “Saint Theodore Stratelates“. CatholicSaints.Info. 14 March 2016. Web. 29 April 2016. <>