- Solomon III of Brittany
- Selyf of….
King of Brittany (in modern France). Military leader who fought both Franks and Northmen; the Bretons count him among their national heroes. He repented for the crimes of his youth and when he was murdered, he was proclaimed a martyr.
- 25 June 874
- buried at the monastery of Plélan
- body taken to Pithiviers, diocese of Orléans, France during Norman invasions
- a church was erected in is honour in Pithiviers
- some relics taken to the church of Saint-Salomon in Vannes, France
- church destroyed in 1793 in the anti–Catholic persecutions of the French Revolution and relics to the cathedral in Vannes
- “Saint Solomon III of Bretagne“. CatholicSaints.Info. 19 June 2015. Web. 3 September 2015. <>