Bishop of Naples, Italy from 363 to 409. Friend of Saint Ambrose of Milan. Built four basilicas and other churches. Miracle worker; he once brought a dead man back to life so he could clear his widow of false accusations by a creditor.
- 409 of natural causes
- buried in the Catacomba di San Severo, Naples, Italy
- relics transferred to the church of San Giorgio Maggiore in Naples prior to 800
- relics transferred to the basilica of San Salvatore in Naples in the 9th century
- relics transferred to the high altar of the cathedral of Naples in 1310
- “Saint Severus of Naples“. CatholicSaints.Info. 29 April 2010. Web. 2 May 2016. <>