Ministered to Christians who were condemned to work the mines of Cilicia in the persecutions of Galerius Maximianus and Maximin Daza. This exposed Samuel’s faith, and he was arrested, tortured and martryed by order of the governor Firmilian.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Martirologio Romano, 2005 edition
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Samuel of Cilicia“. CatholicSaints.Info. 24 November 2012. Web. 1 December 2015. <>