- 30 May
- 25 October as one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales
- 29 October as one of the Martyrs of Douai
Educated at Cambridge University in England. Converted to Catholicism in Louvain, France. Seminarian at Douai College in 1576. Ordained at Cambrai, France in September 1577. Took the oath of the English College in Rome, Italy on 23 April 1579. Returned to England to minister to covert Catholics. When he arrived in Dover in June 1580 he was arrested for the crime of being a priest. Transferred to the Tower of London on 4 December 1580. Tortured. Condemned to death on 17 November 1581, he spent several more months in prison, the last few weeks in chains. One of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales.
- 29 December 1886 by Pope Leo XIII (cultus confirmed)
- 4 May 1970 by Pope/a> Paul VI (decree of martyrdom)
- “Saint Luke Kirby“. CatholicSaints.Info. 25 March 2016. Web. 30 September 2016. <>