Ministered to Christians who were condemned to work the mines of Cilicia in the persecutions of Galerius Maximianus and Maximin Daza. This exposed Jeremias’s faith, and he was arrested, tortured and martryed by order of the governor Firmilian.
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Catholic Online
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Martirologio Romano, 2005 edition
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Jeremias of Cilicia“. CatholicSaints.Info. 24 November 2012. Web. 5 September 2015. <>