Spiritual student of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna. Martyr. The manner of with which he met his death gained the admiration of the locals, and the story of his bravery was recorded by Saint Polycarp.
- at Smyrna (in modern Turkey)
- torn apart by animals in 156 during public games in Smyrna (in modern Turkey)
- at first the animals ignored him, but Germanicus provoked them, just to get it over with
- young man with a palm
- young man with a lion
- young man in an amphitheatre with wild animals
- “Saint Germanicus of Smyrna“. CatholicSaints.Info. 18 January 2013. Web. 2 June 2015. <>