Fifth century bishop in north Africa. Leader of a Council called to express clear defense of the Catholic faith during a period of pagan resurgence and Arian heresy. Envoy from the Council to emperor Honorius and emperor Theodosius. Exiled to the Mediterranean island of Corsica in 484 in the purges and persecutions of the Arian King Hunneric. Martyr.
- beheaded in 485 on Corsica
- relics brought to Italy by Bishop Titian of Treviso c.743 to prevent their destruction by Saracen invaders
- Bishop Titian interred the relics in the church of Saint John in an area that is still used as a baptistery
- relics re-interred in the crypt of the cathedral of Treviso, Italy c.1025 by Bishop Rotari
- relics enshrined in glass containers near the altar of Blessed Henry of Bolzano in the cathedral of Treviso
- “Saint Fiorenzo of Algeria“. CatholicSaints.Info. 28 April 2016. Web. 26 March 2017. <>