Roman soldier. Christian. When stationed at Mainz, Germany, as part of his duty he was ordered to worship an idol. He refused, and demanded his discharge from the army so that he could stay true to his faith. Instead he was thrown into prison and abused to death. Martyr.
- from abuse and starvation
- relics enshrined in Bleidenstadt, Germany by Saint Lull in 778
- relics taken to Mainz, Germany by the Jesuits in 1632
- relics destroyed during the siege of Mainz in 1793
- “Saint Ferrutius“. CatholicSaints.Info. 11 September 2010. Web. 27 October 2016. <>