Spiritual student of Pope Saint Eleutherius during his missionary days. Priest. Consecrated bishop of Foligno, Italy by Pope Victor I in Rome c.204; he was the first bishop given the pallium as symbol of his office. For a time, Felician was the only bishop in northern Italy. Ordained Saint Valentine of Terni as priest. Arrested, tortured and martyred at age 94 in the persecutions of Decius, dying en route to a triumph for Decius.
- c.250 just outside of Foligno, Italy
- a chapel was built over his grave
- the chapel later replaced by a church
- relics transferred to Metz, France on 4 October 970
- some relics translated to Minden, Germany
- some relics returned to Foligno in 1673 and 1674
- “Saint Felician of Foligno“. CatholicSaints.Info. 18 January 2013. Web. 27 August 2015. <>