- 12 August
- 11 August (Synaxary of Constantinople; Byzantine-rite calendars)
- 27 August on some calendars
Deacon. Tortured and martyred by order of governor Calvisianus in the persecutions of Diocletian for the crime of possessing a copy of the Gospels. His copy of the Scripture was taken when he was arrested; in court he was asked if he had any other copies, and he began to recite them from memory.
- flogged to death on 12 August 304 in Catania, Sicily, Italy
- relics in Trevico, Italy that were long thought to be from Euplus were examined scientifically in 2005 and determined to be from three different people
- “Saint Euplus of Catania“. CatholicSaints.Info. 12 August 2016. Web. 16 January 2017. <>