Bishop of Bayeux, Normandy, France, from 480 until his death. He was so zealous in his preaching the proper way to live that he angered many powerful local people, and occasionally had to withdraw to live as a hermit for his own safety.
- c.510 in Normandy, France of natural causes
- buried in the church of Saint Exuperius
- relics transferred to Fécamp Abbey on 11 April 1162
- some relics transfered to Saint Vigor Abbey in Bayeux, France in 1682
- “Saint Contentius of Bayeux“. CatholicSaints.Info. 20 October 2012. Web. 3 June 2015. <>