Young woman martyred in the persecutions of Diocletian. A number of other stories have been attached to her including that she was one of the companions of Saint Ursula or that her father killed her for refusing an arranged marriage, but these are apparently stories in search of a character that were simply stuck on her later.
- arms hacked off so that she bled to death in 303 in Calaf, Spain
- buried in the church of San Jaume in Calaf
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Den katolske kirke
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- “Saint Calamanda of Calaf“. CatholicSaints.Info. 4 February 2013. Web. 5 May 2016. <>