Monk. Went with Saint Jonas of Hubaham, his brother and fellow monk, to Hubaham, Persia, to minister to Chistians imprisoned for their faith during the reign of King Sapor II. They were arrested, beaten, tortured, and martyred for this service, and for refusing to worship the sun, moon, fire and water. Eyewitness descriptions of their trial and execution have survived to today.
- at Beth-Asa, Persia
- Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
- Lives of the Saints, by Father Alban Butler
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints
- Pictorial Lives of the Saints
- “Saint Barachisius“. CatholicSaints.Info. 28 March 2010. Web. 31 March 2015. <>