Hermit in the Arbusto Valley of the Pyrenees region of France. He spent most of his time in prayer, but would sometimes come down to the villages to preach. Martyred by Moors for preaching Christianity.
- early 9th century in the Arbusto Valley of the Pyrenees region of France
- body hidden by his killers
- relics miraculously discovered in the 12th century and in enshrined in a local church
- against birth complications (his own birth involved great difficulties)
- “Saint Aventino of Arbusto“. CatholicSaints.Info. 7 June 2015. Web. 20 January 2017. <>