Priest. Offered the diocese in Cologne, Germany, but turned it down to become a wandering preacher, travelling to Paris, France and Milan, Italy, fighting Arianism. Missionary bishop, ordained in Milan. Murdered by Arians.
- stabbed to death in 650 at Milan, Italy
- body thrown into the sewers, but recovered by a group of porters who took him to the nearby oratory of the basilica of San Lorenzo
- buried in the Chapel of the Queens in Milan
- the chapel was later re-named for him, and his relics enshrined in an urn
- man with a sword through his neck
- “Saint Aquilinus of Milan“. CatholicSaints.Info. 25 July 2012. Web. 6 October 2015. <>