Soldier in the army of emperor Julian the Apostate. When he witnessed the faith and strength of Saint Patermutius and Saint Copra when they were thrown into a flaming furnace, he was convinced of the power of Christianity, and announced he was converting. He was immediately throw into the furnace with them. Martyr.
- burned to death in a furnace c.363 in Egypt
- relics enshrined in Rome, Italy
- when the church of their shrine was demolished, Pope Pius V had them re-enshrined in the church of San Angelus in Italy
- some relics enshrined in the church of Sante Maria in Vallicella, Italy
- “Saint Alexander of Egypt“. CatholicSaints.Info. 9 July 2016. Web. 17 January 2017. <>