- Aldemar of Capua
- Aldemar of Bucchhianico
Monk at Monte Cassino Abbey. Spiritual director of a convent at Capua, Italy, a house founded by princess Aloara. Known as a miracle worker. A dispute developed between the princess and Aldemar’s abbot; she wanted him to stay, the abbot wanted him back at Monte Cassino. To escape the dispute, Aldemar moved to Boiana, Italy but fled after some one involved in the argument tried to kill him. He founded a monastery at Bocchignano, Italy which became the motherhouse for several area monasteries.
- c.1080 in Bucchianico, Italy of natural causes
- buried in the church of Saint Urban in Bucchianico, Italy
- tomb desecrated and his relics scattered in 1799 by invading French troops
- relics later recovered and placed in the altar dedicated to him in the church Saint Urban in Bucchianico
- “Saint Aldemar the Wise“. CatholicSaints.Info. 12 June 2015. Web. 24 April 2017. <>