Lord of Vernon-sur-Seine. Norman knight in the First Crusade in 1095 during which he was captured by Muslims who tried to force him to abandon his faith. He escaped, apparently swimming to freedom, returned to France, and became a Benedictine monk at Tiron, France. Hermit in his later years.
- Normandy (part of modern France)
- Crusader hermit with a chain nearby
- Crusader hermit with a bird nearby
- man throwing part of his chains over a precipice
- “Saint Adjutor of Vernon“. CatholicSaints.Info. 30 April 2012. Web. 24 May 2016. <>