- Order of Canons Regular of Prémontré
- White Canons
Religious order composed of priests, clerics, nuns, and members of the Third Order of Saint Norbert. They follow the rule of Saint Augustine with austere supplementary statutes, and have five particular ends
- the singing of the Divine Office
- zeal for the salvation of souls
- the spirit of habitual penance
- a special devotion to the Holy Eucharist
- devotion to the Immaculate Conception
Owing to the continuous wars in many countries, and in the East the invasions of the Tatars and the Turks, the heresies of Hus and Luther, and the French Revolution, many abbeys were confiscated but provinces were established in England, Canada, the United States, and South America.
In 1856 a new congregation of Norbertine canons, since incorporated with the order, was formed at Frigolet by Dom Edmund Boulbon and possessed 4 convents and 70 religious. The Norbertine Nuns form a Second Order of Premonstratensians, established in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Poland, and Switzerland. A Third Order, Norbertine Sisters, have convents at Olmütz and Prague, Czech Republic.
- “Premonstratensians”. . CatholicSaints.Info. 14 March 2010. Web. 27 October 2016. <http://catholicsaints.info/premonstratensians/>