Born Feltre, Italy, 1439; died Pavia, Italy, 1494. Joining the Franciscans in 1456, he was ordained a priest, 1463, taught in Franciscan schools, and began his missionary labors throughout the larger cities of Italy. He was superior of the province of Venice, 1483 – 1484. He is best known as the reorganizer of the charitable lending-houses, called montes pietatis. Emblem: a green hill of three mounds, with a cross on each. Relics at Pavia. Feast, Order of Friars Minor, 28 September.