Abbey of the Order of Reformed Cistercians, near Mortagne, Diocese of Seez, France. Founded in 1122 by Rotrou II, count of Perche. Elevated to an abbey in 1140, and was united to the Order of Citeaux in 1147. It declined in the 16th century and was restored by de Rance. Suppressed in 1790, it was repurchased in 1815 by Dom Augustin de Lestrange, and rebuilt. The different congregations of La Trappists are now united in a single order of Reformed Cistercians, popularly called Trappists.