- ancient diocese of Carthage, North Africa
- 1843 re-established as the Vicariate Apostolic of Tunis
during the Carthage period
during the Tunis period
Subsequent to the restoration, a beautiful cathedral on the ancient hill of Byrsa was dedicated on 18 May 1890 to Saint Louis IX. Name changed to the Territorial Prelature of Tunis on 9 July 1964.
- “Diocese of Tunis, Tunisia“. . CatholicSaints.Info. 8 July 2009. Web. 27 May 2015. <>