Archive for the ‘Saints Beati and Venerables’ Category.
(Saint) Bishop (October 23) (7th century) An Archbishop of Rouen in Normandy, a prelate of great zeal and of heroic sanctity, who during his twelve years of Episcopate effected many necessary disciplinary reforms in his Diocese. He died A.D. 639.
- Monks of Ramsgate. “Romanus”. , 1921. CatholicSaints.Info. 19 October 2016. Web. 21 October 2016. <>
(Saint) Martyr (October 30) (4th century) A Martyr at Cagliari (Sardinia) in the persecution under Diocletian (A.D. 303). Manuscript Acts of this Saint were extant in the sixteenth century, but appear to have been since lost.
- Monks of Ramsgate. “Saturninus”. , 1921. CatholicSaints.Info. 19 October 2016. Web. 21 October 2016. <>
Mercedarian friar. Worked with Saint Ferdinand of Portalegre. In 1253 the two sailed from Barcelona, Spain to Tunis in North Africa to ransom Christians imprisoned and enslaved for their faith by Muslims. By 16 October 1253 they had free 129 but were double-crossed by some of the slave traders and turned over to Muslim royal authorities. Ferdinand was eventually released and ordered to leave the country with his ransomed slaves, but Theobald was tortured and executed. Martyr.
- thrown into a fire, and when he did not die quickly enough, he was stoned to death in 1253 in modern Tunisia
- “Blessed Theobald of Narbonne“. CatholicSaints.Info. 18 October 2016. Web. 21 October 2016. <>
Mercedarian friar at the Sant’Anne convent in Palermo, Sicily. Imprisoned and tortured in Africa by Muslims for preaching Christianity. Eventually ransomed by brother Mercedarians, and retired to the Sant’Anne convent.
- “Blessed Battista de Bonafede“. CatholicSaints.Info. 17 October 2016. Web. 21 October 2016. <>
- “Saint Victor of Cologne“. CatholicSaints.Info. 16 October 2016. Web. 21 October 2016. <>