- 21 April
- 29 October as one of the Martyrs of Douai
- 22 November as one of the Martyrs of England, Scotland and Wales
- 1 December as one of the Martyrs of Oxford University
Studied at Balliol College, Oxford, England. Converted to Catholicism. Studied at Douai College, Rheims, France. Ordained a priest at Laon, France in 1583. He then returned to England to minister to covert Catholics in Hampshire and Dorset. Arrested and condemned to death for the crime of being a priest.
- hanged, drawn and quartered on 21 March 1587 in Dochester, Dorset, England
- no official executioner could be found; a local butcher was hired to do the disemboweling, but stopped halfway when Thomas asked him, “Is this your justice?”
- “Blessed Thomas Pilcher“. CatholicSaints.Info. 28 April 2015. Web. 18 January 2017. <>