Born to a farm family. Seminarian in the diocese of Reggio Emilia-Guastalla, Italy with a plan to become a missionary priest. Abducted, abused and tortured for three days, and then murdered by Communist partisans for being a Christian. Martyr.
- shot on 13 April 1945 in a wooded area near Piani di Monchio, Modena, Italy
- buried in Piani di Monchio
- re-interred in the graveyard of his parish church of Saint Valentine on 29 May 1945
- re-interred in the church of Saint Valentine on 26 June 1997
- 5 October 2013 by Pope Francis
- beatification recognition celebrated in Modena, Italy by Cardinal Angelo Amato
- “Blessed Rolando Rivi“. CatholicSaints.Info. 27 August 2016. Web. 27 October 2016. <>