Born to a pious, hard-working family, Pascual was baptized at the age of one day. Joined the Franciscan Friar Minor novitiate at age 12, making his solemn profession on 24 January 1909. Studied theology at the Franciscan school in Onteniente, Spain, and was ordained on 15 August 1913 in Teruel, Spain. Teacher. Spent four years as a parish priest in Argentina. Returning to Spain he taught novices. Vicar of novices at Vest-Valencia in 1931. Martyred in the Spanish Civil War.
- shot and stabbed in the chest with a bayonet on 8 September 1936 on the road outside Castellón, Spain
- buried in the cemetery of Castellón
- re-interred in Villareal, Spain on 3 November 1938
- relics enshrined in the Franciscan church on 12 June 1967
- “Blessed Pascual Fortuño Almela“. CatholicSaints.Info. 29 August 2015. Web. 30 April 2017. <>