- Anna Maria Tauscher van den Bosch
- Maria Theresia of Saint Joseph
- Mary Teresa of Saint Joseph
Daughter of a Lutheran Superintendent. Convert to Catholicism, joining the Church on 30 October 1888. Nun, taking the name Maria Theresia of Saint Joseph. In 1891 she founded a home of neglected children in Berlin, Germany. The young women that helped there formed Congregation of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus.
Mother Mary Teresa was known as a woman of prayer, and she put her faith in action by founding homes, nurseries, and day care centers for children and the aged, and through an extensive correspondence in which she gave spiritual advice and encouragement. She worked with the abandoned, immigrants, and the poor, and her Congregation continues this work today in Europe, Africa and the Americas.
- 19 June 1855 in Sandow, Mark Brandenburg, East Prussia (modern Poland) as Anna Maria Tauscher van den Bosch
To be able to dry tears, to heal the wounds of souls from the heights of Heaven, this is my ardent wish. – Blessed Marie Therese
- “Blessed Marie Therese of Saint Joseph“. CatholicSaints.Info. 23 September 2016. Web. 27 February 2017. <>