Benedictine monk, Solesmes Congregation. Priest. Noted spiritual director. Devoted to Gregorian chants. He went into hiding during the Spanish Civil War, but was betrayed, arrested by anti–Catholic forces and executed. Martyr.
- shot on the night of 31 December 1936 in La Elipa, Madrid, Spain
- interred in the church of Our Lady of Montserrat, Madrid
- 29 October 2016 by Pope Francis
- beatification con-celebrated in Madrid, Spain by Cardinal Angelo Amato, Archbishop Carlos Osorio, Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco, Monsignor Juan Antonio Martinez Camino, Bishop Martin de Elizalde and Archbishop Renzo Fratini
- “Blessed Luis Vidaurrázaga González“. CatholicSaints.Info. 31 October 2016. Web. 25 March 2017. <>