- Father Germán of Carcagente
Franciscan Capuchin friar, making his profession on 15 August 1912. Priest, ordained on 9 February 1919. School teacher with a strong ministry to the poor. Taught at the College of San Buenaventura de Totana in Murcia, Spain. Taught at the Seraphic Seminary of Massamgrell. In the persecutions of the Spanish Civil War, he was forced into hiding. Arrested on 9 August 1936, he was beaten and abused for a day, then dragged to a nearby bridge and murdered for the crime of being a priest. Martyr. His final acts and words were to forgive his executioners.
- shot on the night of the 10 August 1936 on an iron railroad bridge in Carcagente, Valencia, Spain
- body thrown into the river
- body later recovered and buried in the cemertery at Carcagente
- “Blessed José María Garrigues Hernández“. CatholicSaints.Info. 10 August 2016. Web. 23 October 2016. <>