- Aurelia Mercede Stefani
- Sister Nyaatha (translates “Mother of Mercy”)
Consolata Missionary Sisters nun, taking the name Irene. Missionary in Kenya where she worked with the sick hospitals, and then the wounded in camps in Kenya and Tanzania during World War I. Taught school at the Gekondi mission from 1920 to 1930.
- 31 October 1930 in Gikondi, Mukurweini, Nyeri, Kenya of bubonic plague caught while working with the sick
- 23 May 2015 by Pope Francis
- beatification recognition celebrated at Nyeri, Kenya with Cardinal John Njue and Cardinal Polycarp Pengo the chief celebrants
- her beatification miracle involved keeping a holy water font full in a parish church in Nipepe, Diocese of Lichinga, Niassa, Mozambique in 1989; the font was the only water source for a group of refugee catechists who were hiding from warring “liberation” armies
- “Blessed Irene Stefani“. CatholicSaints.Info. 1 July 2016. Web. 20 January 2017. <>