Court page and courtier to the Count of Flanders, Belgium. Canon priest of Veurne, Belgium in 1135, a position he resigned to become a Cistercian monk at the abbey of Our Lady of the Dunes on the sand hills between Dunkirk and Nieuport. Abbot there for 12 years.
- remains relocated in 1577 to avoid raiders who looted the abbey
- remains relocated in 1623; they were found to be incorrupt
- relics relocated to Bruges, Belgium in 1796 to avoid them being destroyed in the French Revolution
- relics relocated to a chapel at Our Lady of the Potteries Abbey in 1830
- skeletal left arm in the Diocese of Bruges, Belgium
- skeletal right thigh in the church of Notre-Dame of the Dunes Abbey
- “Blessed Idesbald of Dunes“. CatholicSaints.Info. 18 April 2017. Web. 23 April 2017. <>