- Brother Serafin
Franciscan Friar Minor. Priest, celebrating his first Mass on 30 July 1925. Vicar in Lezhë, Albania where he was arrested and tortured by Communist authorities; they tried to get him to say that his brother Franciscans gathered for political reasons and were plotting against the state. It was a lie, and Father Serafin refused to “confess” to save himself. Martyr.
- nails driven through his throat on 11 May 1947 in Lezhë, Albania
- secretly buried nearby, his grave was re-discovered on 16 September 1994
- relics re-interred in the walls of the Franciscan church of in Lezhë
- 5 November 2016 by Pope Francis
- beatification celebrated at the Square of the Cathedral of Shën Shtjefnit, Shkodër, Albania, presided by Cardinal Angelo Amato
- “Blessed Gjon Koda“. CatholicSaints.Info. 22 October 2016. Web. 8 December 2016. <>