Member of the Dominicans. Studied at the Dominican convents of Padron and Corias in Asturias, Spain, and later at university in Barcelona, Spain. Ordained a priest in 1905 in Salamanca, Spain. Teacher for several years in Oviedo, Spain. Assigned in 1912 led the restoration of the Dominican presence in the province of Aragon, Spain. Imprisoned on 1 July 1936 for the crime of bring a priest; he spent his last night praying and writing a final letter to his mother. Martyred in the Spanish Civil War while praying for the forgiveness of his executioners.
- shot on 2 August 1936 in Híjar, Teruel, Spain
- buried at the Calanda cemetery
- re-interred at the Dominican Zaragoza College of Santa Rosa
- re-interred in the Cardinal Xavierre convent in Zaragoza in 1962
- “Blessed Francisco Calvo Burillo“. CatholicSaints.Info. 2 August 2016. Web. 25 April 2017. <>