- Florentín of Saint Francis Borgia
Son of Miguel Felipe and Francisca Naya; he was baptized on the day of his birth. Entered the Piarist novitiate on 27 February 1876 in Paralta de la Sal, Spain as a lay brother; he made his solemn profession on 29 April 1883. Served for over 50 years in the kitchens and schools of a number of Piarist houses in Aragon, Spain. In his late 70’s, his eyesight dimming, nearly deaf, he retired to spend his days in prayer. Martyred in the Spanish Civil War.
- shot on the afternoon of 9 August 1936 in Azanuy, Huesca, Spain
- body doused with gasoline and set on fire
- remains later buried in Azanuy
- “Blessed Florentín Felipe Naya“. CatholicSaints.Info. 10 August 2016. Web. 27 February 2017. <>