- Bernard of Marchio
- Bernard II, Margrave of Baden-Baden
- Bernhard of Baden
Born to the nobility, the son of Margrave Jacob of Baden and Catherine de Lorraine; grandson of Saint Margaret of Bavaria. Heir to the title Margrave of Baden, he renounced it to become the personal envoy of Emperor Frederick III. Worked to help the poor, spending largely from his personal funds. Worked to unify the European courts behind a Crusade against the Turks, and died while on the road in that work.
- c.1428 in Hohenbaden Castle, Baden-Baden, Baden-Württemberg,
- 15 July 1458 in Moncalieri, Italy of natural causes
- buried in the church of Santa Maria della Scala in Moncalieri
- “Blessed Bernard of Baden“. CatholicSaints.Info. 11 July 2015. Web. 29 July 2015. <>