Born to the dynastic house of Este. Aunt of Blessed Beatrix of Este the Younger. Nun in the convent of Santa Margherita at Solarolo, Italy. Feeling a need for more seclusion, she took over a deserted monastery at Gemmola, Italy, and founded a new convent where she apparently spent the rest of her life.
- 10 May 1226 of natural causes at Gemmola, Italy
- interred in the church of Saint John the Baptist
- relics translated to the church of Saint Sophia in Padua, Italy in 1578
- tradition says that when anything important was about to befall the family of Este, Beatrix would turn in her grave, and the noise could be heard throughout the church
- “Blessed Beatrix of Este the Elder“. CatholicSaints.Info. 23 December 2015. Web. 22 October 2016. <>