- Sister Marie of the Holy Spirit
Discalced Carmelite nun, professed on 14 May 1769. One of the Carmelite Martyrs of Compiegne, killed in the anti–Christian persecutions of the French Revolution.
- guillotined on 17 July 1794 at the Place du Trône Renversé (modern Place de la Nation) in Paris, France
- before their execution they knelt and chanted the “Veni Creator”, as at a profession, after which they all renewed aloud their baptismal and religious vows
- interred in a deep sand-pit about thirty feet square in a cemetery at Picpus
- as this sand-pit was the receptacle of the bodies of 1,298 victims of the French Revolution, there seems to be no hope of their relics being recovered
- “Blessed Angelique Roussel“. CatholicSaints.Info. 14 July 2015. Web. 4 December 2016. <>