Franciscan Friar Minor, making his solemn profession on 5 July 1936, just days before the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War. He had been studying theolgy; his family urged him to give it up and become a teacher, in hopes of avoiding the persecutions of the anti–Catholic Republican forces. He refused and was soon arrested, told to deny God, and then killed when he refused to do so. Martyr.
- shot by firing squad at approximately 3pm on Sunday 8 September 1936 in Castellón, Spain
- buried in the nearby cemetery of Gandia, Spain
- re-buried in Bellreguard, Valencia, Spain on 3 June 1939
- relics enshrined in the parish church of Bellreguard just prior to his beatification
- “Blessed Alfredo Pellicer Muñoz“. CatholicSaints.Info. 30 August 2015. Web. 20 January 2017. <>