- Albertina Serva de Deus
- Albertina, Servant of God
Lay person in the diocese of Tubarão, Brazil. Raised in a pious family who insured that Albertina had a strong foundation in the faith. Baptized on 25 May 1919, Confirmed on 9 March 1925, and made her First Communion on 16 August 1928. At age 12 she was attacked by one of her father‘s employees, who tried to rape her. She fought back; when he realized he would fail and she would identify him, the attacker killed Albertina; she is considered a martyr in the defense of chastity.
- stabbed in the heart with a pen knife during a rape attempt on 15 June 1931 in São Luís, Imaruí, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- 20 October 2007 by Pope Benedict XVI
- recognition celebrated by Cardinal José Saraiva Martins in the cathedral of Tubarão, Brazil
- “Blessed Albertina Berkenbrock“. CatholicSaints.Info. 7 April 2015. Web. 23 January 2017. <>