- Adalbero of Louvain
Born to the nobility. Brother of Count Godfrey Le Barbu of Louvain. Priest. Canon of Metz, France. Prince–Bishop of Liège, Belgium in 1123. Founded the abbey of Saint-Gilles near Liege.
- 1 January 1128 of natural causes
- buried at the foot of the altar in the church of the abbey of Saint-Gilles
- original tomb-stone destroyed when the church was burned by William of Orange in 1568
- new tomb-stone emplaced during renovations in 1646, but later covered by other construction
- grave and tomb-stone re-discovered during church renovations in 1892
- “Blessed Adalbero of Liège“. CatholicSaints.Info. 1 December 2009. Web. 1 July 2015. <>